Thank you Tim

This topic contains 14 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Avatar Ann Vas 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    TImothy
    Participant

Just a quick hello. Thank you for all the great videos of your life in The PI, and now thank you for this Page and Forum.

Look forward to talking.

Tito Tim
    Keymaster

Hey, cool!  Thanks for joining – you are the first.  (there are 2 other accounts, but are my testing accounts ha ha).  This is great… because it means it is working.  🙂

…I need to add emoticons, I think.

TImothy
    Participant

This is coo Tim. Thanks for setting this up for everyone.

Tito Tim
    Keymaster

Feel free to share the forum with anyone that might be interested. Getting the word out is the hardest part…

TImothy
    Participant

Ok, I am a little excited today. I just purchased my plane tickets to The PI. I am formally moving thee in a week.
    Going to FLy into Manila, spend a few weeks North of Manila visiting some friends I made there last year and then going to explore IloIlo and Duma to see where I want to settle for the next year or more.
    So much work to get to this point and it is finally paying off.

Tito Tim
    Keymaster

That is great to hear! Congrats. Are you married or single? Iloilo is a nice city, but not much for single guys. Did you ship much over in balikbayan boxes? I shipped 11 when I moved, and I thought it was a lot, but a friend shipped over 40 ha ha.

TImothy
    Participant

Hey Tim,
    I thank you for the heads up on Iloilo. I am single, but may not be your typical single guy. I really am just wanting to continue finding my internal happiness if that makes sense, so partying and girls really are not as needed as good people and warm weather year round. But yes, the reason I am traveling light and planning to spend a few months in different places till I get a warm feeling from one of them is to figure out what makes me happy there as far as a community and what it can offer me and me it. Then I will stay longer once an area feels right.
    I am having a friend send me a balikbayan box, that I think will only be half full when I leave. I will be getting onto he plane with one checked luggage and carry on. The last year of my life since I came back from traveling around Asia has been a purge of most everything after living in my house for 26 plus years. I really have found it to be empowering but also emotional at times. Everything, including the hammer in the basement has a memory attached. I was not ready for that. But a good friend will top the box off for me with things I may want or need and send it to me when I get settle someplace.
    Really am looking forward to this amazing adventure I am starting on in a little over a week. And I want to thank you, like the kids at the end of your videos, for all the great advise, must of which I have put into practice over the last year.

Tito Tim
    Keymaster

Sounds like a plan. Let me know when you get to Iloilo, we can grab lunch somewhere.
    Hey, are getting reply notifications (upper right of screen by your name)? I was… and now not… odd. New forum has some bugs ha ha

TImothy
    Participant

Absolutely. I had hoped you would be able to make a little time to break some bread talk.
    I do see a reply notification by my name yes. To be honest the forum is not so busy yet that I just look and see who posted last. But I am certain it will get busier over time.

Tito Tim
    Keymaster

Well the forum is less than a week old ha ha…
    I was confused though because for some reason my Admin account is not getting forum notifications, but then I saw my test account is.

Mitch and Amy
    Participant

Hi Tim,
    Thank you for all your post and video’s. We are learning so much from it. My wife Amy is from Mandurriao ,Iloilo and we are going back for a 3 weeks vacation this coming December. Looking forward for your new video this week. Have a wonderful day.

Tito Tim
    Keymaster

I miss living in Mandurriao. We used to live right by the old airport, right when they started building Megaworld. Let me know you hit town 🙂

Tito Tim
    Keymaster

Glad you like the vids. Welcome to the forum.
    Just trying to get it going… share it with anyone you think would like it. 🙂

TImothy
    Participant

Good morning and after enjoying another video of you and Tang today (lol) I decided to come make a quick post. I really would enjoy this forum took off and thank you for setting this up for all of us.
    Quick update for me, I am in The PI now and have extended my travels a little longer in northern Luzon, but will be traveling to the central islands soon and starting the next part of my journey.
    Thank you Tim, and hope more come here and post some.

Ann Vas
    Participant

Additional thank yous for sharing your journey. Your videos are the closest to bebeing there and experience life. I need to work a few more years and just like Timothy, im exploring. I’d hope to discover where and community to share life with. At this time, I’m intrigued by thriving fishing communities, who are working together to alleviate poverty and protect their marine life. Hoping to “learn how to fish” before i can teach others. I’d appreciate if you have any suggestions.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar